Steps to install Java (JRE/JDK) in windows system
- Download the latest version of JRE and JDK from oracle.com
- Install downloaded JRE and JDK.
- Set the system “Path” variable to installed JDK’s bin path.
- Add a new System Variable called “JAVA_HOME” and set the value to already installed JRE’s home.
- To add the system variable follow the below path:
Computer > properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables.
Here windows will recognize the installed java path using the Path variable. This Path variable helps other tools to find the JDK binaries like java or javac
Applications like Tomcat and other app servers use JAVA_HOME variable to run java applications. This is used to point to the location where java is installed.
Other related posts
- How To Create Web Content Structure And Template liferay 6-2.
- Liferay theme structure.
- How to create a simple carousel liferay 6-2.